View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 05:27 AM   #1
Paxsenarrion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] I need help in a very bad way... but anyone who has not yet finished the game once may want to avoid reading further (SPOILER: You have been warned *grin*)

Having said that, I desprately hope there are some other Baldur's Crack addicts like me out there who are on (at least) their second time through. Here is my problem:

In Hell, final battle with Irenicus... I have all the Tears, open the door, he summons demons, turns into the Slayer, etc. Well, the first time I played through I killed him and he dies a spectacular death, cut to waking up in Suldnessar, yay hurrah and happy ending. THIS time, we have a major bug...

This time the Slayer casts a few protective spells, and then just STOPS MOVING. He stands there, and when I'm done killing demons he's STILL standing there, I walk up and stand in front of him, offering my throat, and he STILL stands there. Hrm. So I kill him. Slayer goes POOF and the dialogue box says Slayer - Unsummoned. And nothing happens. The battle is over, there is no death gasp from Irenicus, I do not have my soul, and we just sit there.

In hell.

And sit there.

And sit there...

You can see how this is a MADDENING anticlimax.

This wouldn't be a problem except that I'd really like to take this party onward into ToB (the first time I screwed up the Anomen romance, missed a lot of good stuff, etc). I NEED to finish this game *laugh*

SO... as near as I can figure out, I must have screwed something up with Shadow Keeper, and here is what I think might help me (although I am open to suggestions):

Could anyone out there who still has their final save and has ShadowKeeper copy ALL the Global Attributes to an email and send them to me so I can compare and see what I might have possibly screwed up? I know a lot of them are going to be different anyhow, but it's the only place I can think of to look for clues.

Thank you sooo much for reading through all this and for any help/advice you can offer.

I think my email address should post with this automatically, but just in case it's sefiryetzirah@hotmail.com. Danke!