View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #40
Skippy1
Elminster

It was New Years Day, The Rocks, Sydney, about 1980 I think. Had a great time the night before raging around the Rocks, lots of bands playing, lots, and I mean lots of beer. Last thing I remember was sitting down on the gutter outside the Observer Hotel. Woke up with a throbing head about 7 o'clock in the morning in the gutter. It smelt really bad, as I did! But I had to laugh. You see there were about 200 other people in the same state! So what did we do? Why found an early opener of coarse!

Another time a group of friends and I hired a motor launch on the Hawksbury River for an Easter Weekend. Managed to get myself drunk really early on the first day and fell asleep in the sun with just a pair of shorts on. Nobody thought to turn me though, and I ended up really sunburnt on only the front of me. That wasn't the end though. Once I'd woken up and had a swim in the river to try and cool down a bit, I then went and fell asleep in the toilet. Well my 'mates' went and forced the door open and took a photo of me in all my glory!

Aaahhhh! The memories of youth! Priceless!