View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Default Extracting the Wizard & Warriors soundtrack?

Hello...hello...hello

(Listens to the echoes of his voice in the surreal quietitude of the forum)..

After playing Dungeon Lords for awhile recently and being slightly miffed and disappointed at the sheer emptiness of the world and the absence of any noticable in-game music, I decided to try playing the game with winamp in the background loaded with some game soundtracks I thought would work well with the game's setting and atmosphere. So far I've been using:

- Wizardry 8
- Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity
- U5 Lazarus (and other Ultima pieces)
- Bits from Morrowind

I logically thought of Wizards and Warriors but haven't been able to find an archive of the soundtrack online.

I guess my question goes out to the veterans who know this game extremely well: Is there a way I can extract the W&W soundtrack after installing it? Maybe I should reinstall it and see!

Cheers,
CD

P.S:
I seriously can't believe that a sequel for Dungeon Lords is being released this year! It really does seem like a step backwards from W&W and plays like a poor man's Gothic mixed with repetitious combat of Diablo and Dungeon Siege.

P.S.S:
After installing W&W again, it seems that there are eight tracks to be found in the main /music directory. Here they are:

Caution1
Game_New
Suspense_1
Suspense_2
Daytime_1
Eerie_1
Intense_1
Theme_1

I'm guessing this is all that there is - my memory is a little hazy since it has been so long since I've played the game. If there are others, I'd love to know how to grab them!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Last edited by CerebroDragon; 04-03-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: misappropriation of letters; additional info
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote