View Single Post
Old 10-17-2000, 02:48 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Not sure if you are on multi-player or not either, but if you are then you can also do this method too (does take awhile though). You can save the game and then export the characters that you want to rest. You can load up another game where it was ok to rest and then import those characters there. When they are rested, export the characters under a diff name. Then you can reload the newer game and import those last exported characters. Do take into account that if you reload the protagonist (first party member listed) that you could lose your gold or reputation. I did this on BGI, but I'm pretty sure it will work with II as well. I did lose reputation when I used the protagonist and that's why I'm saying that now. If he's just a fighter, then rest up a backup cleric and let them heal him. Good luck to you. Also, you may want to try and adjust your config settings to a slightly lower level. This could help you overall where you may not need to do the trick or if you are playing single player. Just remember that you can't export NPC's. So if that's all you have in the party, you could be out of luck.