View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 03:01 PM   #18
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
A lot of it is based on special pleading, too, Magik. I saw a great article where they were questioning the incidence of AIDS, mentioning over and over that a cerain number were infected (I am afraid that I do not remember the number) but, when they looked into it, it turned out not to be hard data at all, just a number coming from an anti-AIDS activist. Also, the figure that one sees often on the incidence of male homosexuality is 10%. Well, try and track that one down. Even if you use the loosest criteris, (Had one experience and didn't like it, had a fantasy once, etc.) you still get no higher than about 7%. The true incidence is probably in the 2-3% range.
Funny you mention AIDS. My ex was in school and needed help doing research on AIDS. I personally called the CDC (they gave us the number at Anne Arundle Community College specificly for this research) And the CDC had a load of information mostly for the US, and they pointed us at the W.H.O. for statistics in africa, We hear about the "millions" of people suffering from AIDS in africa...well from all the numbers and information I could gather, the World Health Organization comes up with the "Millions" not from testing for the preseance of HIV on a blood test, but by the number of cases claiming "similar" symptoms of AIDS, which can be caused by several hundred other diseases that have been around in Africa for centuries. The World Health Organization just counts them all as AID's related because that seems to bring in more money and donations. A simple case of "ends Justifying the means". They lie about the numbers so they can get more money.

Since most people never do the research, they believe the health officials, but those of us who do find these things out...how can we ever trust anything they say?

On a newer topic [img]smile.gif[/img] West Nile Virus...so far 37 reported cases or there abouts.....what percentage of 286,000,000 is 37? And yet to hear the media report this..you would think we were under seige with an epidemic of biblical proportions

Can anyone wonder that I am such a skeptic?