View Single Post
Old 06-16-2001, 06:32 PM   #1
w6u6f
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WEll you all know the scenario. Beat the game, then start thinking of other ways that you can beat the game. Well I had the thought. I was thinking of all the wizard spells that I never use, Mirror Image, Blur etc... I never really used them because my Mages were never in the battle. But, what if I were to make aa Bard and he could use all these combat spells and be a fighting powerhouse. Right?

So I rolled up a new Bard, modified her stats to the following:
Str 8
Dex 18
Con 18
Int 18
Wis 8
Chr 18

Click click click, I get past the first part. Save Minsc. Get my weapons. I trained her in Long Sword, Short Short, two hand weapons. I get ready for battle just outside the lighting trap room. I leave everyone else behind. I cast Strength, Blur and Mirror Image all on my Bard, play her battle song and send her in. I fight the first Lighting Bat thing (Pardom me, I don't know their real name). It was a pretty sad fight. I watched critical miss after critical miss and my dreams were shot. I sadly turned off the game as neither of the two units could score a hit.

Are Bards really as sad as my story tells? Is there any room for them in a Baldur's Gate Party?

Thanks,
Newman