Thread: PDAs
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I have an old Palm IIIx with a whopping 4MB of memory. It handles the 2400 address in there quite handily...

I'm planning on an upgrade soon, probably to a combination PDA/cell phone. A Treo 600 is a good possibility... and I can get my boss to pay for it

When I first got it, I had to take a trip to the UK to do a sales presentation. It was my first time in England, and the communication between me and my contact wasn't particularly good on the details. I knew their offices were about midway between London and Birmingham, and the last word I got before I left was "take a cab here".

No problem... except where's here?

Arrived, got into the cab (still not knowing where "here" was) and looked up my contact's name in my Palm. There it was, and... waitaminnit! This is a London address... she can't be midway between London and Birmingham and still be in London, can she?

Sat for a minute, and then remembered someone else in her office. Looked him up, and he had a different address. I told the cabby where I wanted to go, and he looked at me strangely. I think I gave him too much address.

Finally, I handed him my Palm with the address displayed and said, "Take me here."

He looked at it, then said, "You want to go to Brierley Hill?"

I said, "If that's what that says, take me there."

One hour later, I was safely in place.

Great tool, that Palm... wouldn't live without it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.