View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
ice3
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Viscer Spineshank:
Actually....I was referring to the maximum number of skill increases you could get per level. As a level one mage could I cast light over and over and over again and get wizardry and fire up to say 75....then at level 2, convert to a priest and cast heal over and over and over again raising divine and divinity......to eventually making a bishop that is level 5ish that has 75ish in all skills?

Casting over and over light will not raise your skill very fast. By experience, If the spell has no effect you don't get a bonus. So you should cast light then cast another fire spell. Light again. If you have only light to cast, cast it wait a little (walk, talk, fight, etc.. ) then cast again. You will have much more chance to raise your skill.

Priest and Psionic are easy schools to raise insane high at low level (Charm and Mindread). All the buffing spells are just as good to use to raise by practicing. I have a bishop level 10 and she has already 3 shools in the 60th. I just have trouble to raise alchemy (mixing potions isn't very rewarding )