View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 01:20 PM   #15
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Jobs (Apple computers) went to Mircosoft first for them make some programs for the MAC. Bill Gates somehow then came up with the idea for windows (will wonders never cease [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Jobs then went to Adobe systems and they started their graphics programs for the MAC first (Illustrator, Photoshop) Thats why MAC's have the lion's share of the graphics industry (ad agencies, printshops, and the like)
Yup... and where did Jobs get the idea for the GUI again?

Apple has always provided superior tools to the graphics industry, not that Microsoft couldn't, they just haven't yet for whatever reason. Two key features the Mac's have are better fonts and color control, these could be integrated into windows (the Mac's have had em for years) but haven't been.

Apple is also more aggressive in persueing schools and universities... "get em hooked on Mac's young and you'll have em for life"

If only they could get onto a decent hardware platform... I'd buy one.
[/QUOTE]Wha!? Er.. Mac's DO NOT provide better tools for graphics! I'm a Graphic Designer/Multimedia Developer and Mac's are very rearly used in my industry. 3D animation is ALL PC. and these days Pc's are producing the 'original product'. I only use Mac's sometimes at Uni because it provides me with training.
Oh and Mac's persue schools and uni's because they don't sell as much to the general public as Pc's do and they have to keep up in the market.