View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 10:41 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I agree with Alex: Getting points in Cleric weapons before Dualing to Cleric is a GREAT way to get a super-Cleric hopped up on goofballs. But I'm wondering about the Fighter kits. I'm but a humble BG1 player, and the guy I'm working on now is a kickass Fighter with 18 CHA, and I plan to Dual him to a Thief soon, mainly so I can use his great Strength score to Backstab as well, in addition to having a tank who can Find Traps while his AC is -11.
BUT: I'm wondering about the Berserker kit. I read that Paladins have the Cavalier, which gives you more spells and makes all ranged weapons off-limits. My Tank never uses ranged weapons anyway (Boots of Speed--They can get off ONE shot before I'm in their face), so that would be a great kit for me....if Fighters could use it. Is that what the Berserker kit is? (Hope, hope)

The_Dark_One said: "How every the selection of NPCS in BG I wa much better than BG II so i dont really know..."
Oh, say it ain't so! I really didn't like the selection of maybe 7-8 NPCs with DECENT stats, where if you wanted some variety you had to go with losers like Faldorn, Garrick, Quayle and Tiax. Bioware should have made ALL the NPCs have resonably good stats, under the logic that the wimpy guys had all been killed while BG1 was taking place.
(All-time loser stats: Osprey, one of the illusory characters in the Candlekeep Prologue. She's a Cleric/Mage: Potentially a great combo....but look at her stats: 16/9/8/15/10/6. The ONLY thing she did right was have a low Charisma.)