View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 06:47 PM   #71
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hi Attalus [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] hope you are well. As for the new job, here's what I posted on the "What's your job" thread:

Quote:
Good. Thanks for asking. 21st floor window office. Not huge, but the biggest office I've had. A large law firm like this is INSANE. We have a 24-hr dedicated word-processing staff 5 days/wk, and they work regular hours Sat and Sun. If my secretary is out for the day I can request one from the secretarial pool. I can send mine home at 5 pm and request a fresh one from the pool. I'm getting pads of paper with "from the desk of..." on them. I want books, publications, whatever, I just ask and I get a subscription. Craaaaaazzzzy. We even have our own library staff and document production staff - better than most Kinkos. 600 people work in the 10 floors we occupy in this building - and we have 6 other offices. :yikes:

Of course, I worked til 10 pm Monday and Tuesday, and went home at 6 pm yesterday only to be behind on work and have to drag in at 7 am this morning. Tonight I hope to get out by 7 pm if lucky. Trade-offs Trade-offs.
[Edit] Oh, and I just found out today that they bill me out at $175/hr as a Staff Attorney. HOwever, since I'm only supposed to be that title for a while, and then move into an Associate position, they bill me out at $270-290 on environmental matters. Really makes you think about your time seriously.

[ 02-13-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]