View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 03:11 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

As long as you don't think for one moment that it's actually a documentary, I've seen some EXTREMELY harsh review of it, and most americans I know who've seen it hated it.

here's one that is rather succinct and to the point

I said as much as I wanted to say about Michael Moore in the previous 'Reaching for Conclusions' err, I mean 'Bowling for Columbine' thread.

A quick recap, Michael Moore has opinions that differ greatly from my own. He makes [sarcasm]documentaries[/sarcasm] that include [sarcasm:severity_level=1000]facts[/sarcasm] which he [sarcasm:severity_level=system_limit]carefully researches[/sarcasm] and crafts together into [lie]highly educational films[/lie].

Woo, that doesn't sound right. Moore uses dramatic license, fabricated situations, and lies of omission to create "documentaries" that promote his own political agenda (or at least the political agenda that happens to currently be popular in Hollwood) so that he can get money and awards and attention that he could never receive by doing legitimate film making.

His 'mockumentary' winning an Oscar was a slap in the face to all of the legitimate documentary makers who were up for the same award. 'This is Spinal Tap' was a truer documentary than BfC.

I was wrong. I did have more to say about it... all bad.

[ 08-21-2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote