View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 07:33 PM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Smarts and rich have no real bearing on each other. I know CEO's with multi-million dollar (through work not as friends) homes who couldnt think their way out of a paperbag and I know brilliant scientists who work for DISA who have IQ's in excess of 160 who can't figure out how to dress them selves sensibly.

Albert Einstein wasn't rich, Stephen Hawking isn't rich but I would hardly say they werent intellignet.

If you have the right combination of Intelligence, Work Ethic, determination and luck you can do any thing Personally I am not RICH and yet I have succeeded wildly beyond the dreams I had when I was in highschool Im happy with life, with myself and with the world for the most part and thats all I can say. I work the Job I do because I enjoy the work. They don't require me to put in all the overtime I do and I don't earn any extra for doing it (Im salaried) I do it because I enjoy it and because I have professional pride.

this might not be popuplar, but to hell with your professional pride

surely, you have a "secure" job, and a happy life. (by the way, it is a blessing to have a happy life)

not all professionals enjoy an illusion job security

and the problem to professional is, the mroe you specialized, the mroe trouble you will be in.

what if you suddenyl lose your job one day? you will find out that your house, car, and even your kids, are eating you alive, and yes, don't count on "I will find another job quickly"

markets do crash in this country, and economy do run into trouble everyonce a while. so how would you live then? eat your professional pride?

those people you named: Albert Eistain, well, he is rich. what I am saying is, he has enough wealth to afford his life time expanse, right?

the definition of rich is not how much you make, or you own, it is how long you can live with the current financial situation. that is why, not all richs are rich, and not all poors are poor.

just calculate your income and expanse, and see how long you can survive once you lose your job. and yes, your house does depreviate, and you do have to pay property tax, insurance, living expanses... and if you still think you are safe, then you are in trouble.

and those rich people you know who cannot tie their shoes whatsoever, I hardly say it is a mark of intelligence

rich has nothing to do with intelligence, wealth does

and if you think you are intelligent, start making some changes now, and generate some wealth. ohh, one last input, you are doing this for yourself as well as your family, offsprings. so think about it