View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 08:25 AM   #5
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Does anyone think that the GD forum is flooded with cafes, pubs, bars, pits, buildings, castles, clan threads and the like? Every third thread is some sort of RP-thread or cafe or conversation zone or something..

Its not like I have a problem with such things, but doesnt anyone think this is too much? There are hardly any decent discussions on the GD anymore because everyone's just caught up in making new threads for people to talk, RP etc. Cloudy's Cafe thread has been around forever, so why do so many people feel the urge to have 3 other threads just to talk about nothing in particular? Same goes for all the RP threads..

Oh wait I just realised that its not General Discussions, but General Conversation..so does that mean there's a separate forum for serious discussion/debate/conversation on anything Unrelated to the War?

This issint a flame against people creating/posting in such threads, its a rant for people who dont want to post in such things. It seems that I've run out of choice.

Okay, Lifetime, you wanted opinions. I disagree wholeheartedly that there are too many threads having to do with meeting places. We are a society that thrives in gathering in niches of sorts. When there is a messageboard with just subjects, its becomes an uncomfortable place for me. I sometimes need to share what happened to me during the weekend and I like to do that with my friends. I sometimes use this board to blow off steam or to share a joke. Granted, I don't seek out the joke thread to do that. I might do it in my clan thread. Why? Because I know that the people who usually read that thread may be amused and might comment on it. I care if they are amused. As for "decent discussions", I've seen plenty of them, but its my perspective that I speak from. You have a different point of view and I respect that. It's just that I don't share it.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
    [This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 10-29-2001).]