View Single Post
Old 10-02-2000, 03:57 AM   #1
Huntress

I actaually traded in BG2 for this game, for some reason BG2 just didn't grab me. It's strange because Icewind Dale did (probably because I could create my own party).

Oh well, with regards to this game, my opinion is that it's a fantastic game in need
of a patch and soon.

It's fantastic in that it's immersive in a sense that's difficult to define. I like the first person aspect and frankly I've no idea who on earth could complain about the interface? I installed the game, created my party and bought my gear without barely glancing at the manual much less being confused by the interface. The interface is fine, don't muck it up.

With regadrs to the D3D aspect, my vid card is only 4 megs so it's really much ado about nothing for me at least. I like the graphics as they are.

My beef is with the pathing problems I encountered and many others as well in Frog Village. You get those things in your way and there is no way you'll talk to the shaman. They don't move, they just block. Pure obstruction of my gameplay and that of many others. In a nutshell, patch it.

I'm also a little concered about the difficulty of the quests, I've not yet finished the Crypt because of some problems with an inferno room and a gate that crashes down upon approach. The crypt is the first quest and it's riddled with bizarre puzzles.
I tend to think puzzles belong in adventure games, if I wanted puzzles I'd have purchased tomb raider. I really hope they don't get any worse than the crypt or this game will have to go back to the store sadly.

Patch the pathing and layoff on the cock-a-mamee puzzles and this game is a sure fire "Game of the Year".

Best,

The Huntress