View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 08:38 PM   #22
StarVid
Elminster

this does make sense, but I don't think the thief kit is for me. My thieves spend way too much time just sitting in the back that (for my strategy), I'm better off with a multi/dual thief. I've been doing a little research on the Ranger/Cleric and decided I'd be better with the human fighter/cleric dualed at level 9. So, basically, my party would look like this.

Minsc
Jah
Me-F/C
Vic
Jan
?->Imoen

I started thinking about it. You can basically split the cleric spells into two categories. Spells that a backliner would cast and spells that a frontliner would cast. Therefore, I don't think it would really be overkill in having two clerics. Furthermore, considering that at this level, a lot of baddies will make their saves, Jan would suffice as a mage until I get Imoen back. This way I end up with a party with this breakdown.

3 Fighters-Minsc, Jah, and Myself
2 Clerics- Vic, Myself
1 Druid- Jah
1 1/2 Mages- Imoen and Jan
1 (decent) Thief- Jan

Furthermore, this gives me a party of 5 (until I get Imoen) so I can take whatever else for my 6th slot to do their NPC quests.

Now my question is, without any spoilers, is that if I grab imoen after all these NPC quests, is she going to be able to catch up in levels with the rest of my party?