View Single Post
Old 09-27-2001, 01:42 AM   #33
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

this has been covered many times in various "who should i take" posts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Actually, Aerie's only weakness is her low hitpoints, she can replace Anomen as Cleric and Edwin as mage, thereby freeing up space for another party member, and if you give her the Mace of Disruption, the Shield of Reflection and the Robe of the Good Archmagi, she's able to defend herself, I agree that her whining is irritating, but just play as a female character then you will be free of a lot of it since much of it is romance whining, her intelligence dosen't stop her advancement since it's not so fast that she will get any high level spells soon, and by the way, Aerie does NOT look like a ten-year old and who chooses their NPCs depending on how sexy they are anyway? If I wanted to do that I'd choose Viconia instead, definitely no Jaheira, those huge eyes freak me out a bit.

first, she can NOT replace either anomen or edwin simply because she is multiclassed. when ano or ed would be at 16th level and scaring liches and casting maze, she'd barely be scratching 12th level and still barely frightening wights.

i would never waste a great weapon like the mace of disruption on someone with no STR bonus, no specialization, and (again) really slow THAC0 advancement. if you counter by saying give her a strength belt, ill just sigh in resignation and give you a flower, hippy .

all the other stuff is cosmetic and unimportant, and youre right, she doesnt look like a 10 year old. she looks at least 12, maybe even 13 with the right robe.