View Single Post
Old 11-30-2000, 05:16 PM   #2
antaren420

i know allot of people dissed anomen and keldorn, but i took the time to develope them and they turned out to be very powerful characters to use. anomen is a relatively powerful cleric, and even though viconia is a more powerful cleric, anomen gets most of the bunuses of a fighter and after a few levels gets low thaco. since he is a dual class fighter, he could wear any armor, and therefor had an awsome armor class, and anomen also gets over 100 hp relatively early in the game. my only beef with anomen was that since he is a cleric he is restricted to using only blunt weapons, so until the under dark he was usuing the flail of the ages, but once you put the crom fuer on him he turns into a steam roller of destruction.

i love keldorn, and find him perhaps one of the most useful good npc's he has. at first he seems to suck being a palidin and only being able to cast dispell magic and true sight, but after you see him tear down a mage's defences with is very fast dispell magic (it is an inate ability, casting time 1, cannot be silenced, acts at double his level for deturmining its chance at dispell). he is also a true palidin, and can use the holy avenger. i was able to kill fricrag right after my mage got level 5 spells, so i went for most of the game with keldorn welding that +5 bruiser of a weapon the best use for keldorn is straight up anti magic. if someone casts a dissabling spell on my party, he can get rid of it in a second. many a time i was hit with spells that would normally screw me (such as chaos) but keldorn would get rid of the effects so fast my party wouldnt' miss a beat.