View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 02:34 PM   #116
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, really, it was languishing in several versions. This made me think of where the story needed to go.

When he awakened, Snurll found himself securely bound in a chair. He was surrounded by his captors in a spacious study. Galadria herself sat in front of him, tossing a key in her hand, one leg tossed over a chair, revealing a slender leg wearing a utilitarian sandle. The key, he recognized, was to a device at the heart of the doorless tower, which he had used to wear around his neck. His senses told him that the tower was no longer an extension of his will, but another's. He knew immediately who that would be.
"Awake, Master Snurll?" Galadria asked mockingly. "You have had a nice, long nap. Don't worry about your wounds, they are healed, for now. It would have been easy to kill you, but, as I keep telling my friends," here she placed her hand on Sefa's curly head, near her hand since the girl was sitting on the ground at her side, "that there are things in that brain that I want to know. Noticing furious work in his mouth, she added, "Don't bother looking for that poison tooth. My sister found it and my dear Cho," she indicated the drow woman standing a few feet away, radiating hatred, "removed it without killing you. She is rather good at those things. Now, let us begin. If you don't feel lik answering, Lady Chorania has a few tricks that she would like to show you that she picked up in the Underdark.
"I have been investigating this tower," Galadria went on, "while you slept. Strong magic, here, but very inefficiently utilised. The guardian spell was almost laughably easy for me to disable in a crucial area. I conclude that you did not create this place so much as acquire it, knowing your history, dishonestly. So, tell me. How did you get this place?"
Snurll ground his teeth, eyeing each of his captors for a weakness. Galadria had dropped her negligent posture and was watching him alertly, the key tucked away. Sefa remained at her side, hugging her knees and glaring at him remorselessly. The two men, one tall and blonde whom he had briefly glimpsed before, and a stocky, brutish-looking black-bearded man were eyeing him with disapproval, and a petite blonde woman standing behind Galadria was casting some spell and not regarding him at all. There was no sign of the redheaded mage that Galadria referred to as her sister. She was probably behind him.
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote