View Single Post
Old 10-10-2001, 05:00 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
As I received a mail from LInk about this, I post his letter up here for you.
When this has been taken care of or well fixed you can delete it.
Link, I guessed that Pollux was a schoolmate of yours. Unfortunately because of his actions, your school's entire subnet has been banned. I know this sounds harsh and I really feel for you as you have done nothing wrong. Pollux's initial offences led to an IP banning. But rather than change his ways, he then had the bright idea to come back and make things worse for himself (AND you) by coming back as Pollux2. Second-time offences result in an IP subnet ban. I'm assuming you guys are using the same subnet, so you have been affected by his actions as well. Quite simply, it's Pollux's fault you can't post anymore.

I hope you realize that YOU have done nothing wrong and it's not our intention to penalize you in any way, but an IP subnet ban is the only way we can protect Ironworks and its members against trolls and other people whose only purpose of visiting here is to cause trouble.

Having said that, if Pollux were to stop continually creating aliases to post here (I KNOW he's still posting) and if he were to email Ziroc, myself or one of the moderators with a commitment that he is ready to treat other members here with respect, then it's very possible that this subnet ban may be lifted.

If I were you, I would be having a chat to your mate, Link. But tell him that actions speak louder than words.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-10-2001).]