View Single Post
Old 05-02-2001, 02:16 PM   #25
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
[BAfter all, they are people too. In many respects, it's even harder for them as there are so many stigmas attached to their lifestyle. It's hard enough going through life without having to make it harder for others.
[/B]
Exactly. Which is why I have tried so hard! Can i tell you a little story without offending any gay people on the board?
My eldest daughter knew how I felt about gay people and she hated it, so she decided she would teach me a lesson. She took me to a gay pub. She didn't TELL me it was a gay pub (she knew I wouldn't have gone!). Nice pub. I would never have thought any of the people in there were gay, except for one girl who was eyeing my daugher... Anyway: at the table next to ours was a group of men who looked like builders - big, butch guys. I very nearly DIED when one of 'em got up and sat on the lap of one of the others and started snogging...!
For a second I just sat there with my jaw on my chest... then - I just couldn't stop myself - I fell into hysterical giggles! I had never seen ANYTHING so startlingly funny...!!
My daugher dragged me out of that pub so fast...!!
Anyway.. that was the start of my reform!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale