Thread: Bioshock!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #44
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default Re: Bioshock!

The first splicers creeped me out, but eventually they became commonplace, which is a problem. They were no longer nightmarish objects of horror but people with skin problems that seemed to enjoy charging at someone carrying a boatload of weaponry. Not very creepy anymore. Most of my favorite moments were scripted moments rather than random battles. Fighting splicers became a chore rather than a challenge.

Ok, maybe I'm harping on this too much, I'm just really disappointed. I guess its too much to ask for the game to throw something at me like the nurse-things in sys shock 2 - they ALWAYS freaked me out.

SPOILERS

Spoiler for :

On another note, has anyone beat the game? If so let me know how close I got - I made it to the farmer's market bee area when I decided to quit. If I'm close I may force myself to finish... SPOILER WARNING AGAIN! - In addition to finding the combat tedious I really didn't like the turn in the story at the submarine. If I have to watch other "be horrified as an ally gets attacked through a window and you can do nothing!" bit (which happens multiple times in bioshock...ugh), I'll stop playing games altogether (except for my old ones). Secondly, where the hell did Atlas go? The only directions possible were directly away or towards me - he must still be on the move to stay one step ahead - so he doesn't want to be found - which makes me distrust him. So why don't I have an option besides working for him? ARRGH! NEED RPG! STUPID FPS!