View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 12:29 AM   #157
Moni

point to point...you have yours and I have mine. We obviously disagree.

You want to keep pushing this subject?

Quote:
Ummm...OK. You're telling me that someone who rose to incredible prominence in one of the most cutthroat business in the world(Oil) isn't strong? Even fellow oilmen, both in the US and abroad comment on how astute and capable GW Bush is. And that's not his father talking. GW did it on his own. He was given starting shares and money by his family, but he rose to prominence on his own. Same with politics.

GW's accomplishments as you see them are your opinion, the same as the way I see him is mine. Notice your own keyword "cutthroat"

Quote:
So you're saying that the only reason he is going to respond to this crisis is to further himself and his own ego? Or am I reading things into your comments unfairly? If I am, by all means, please clarify
Did I say that? You crack me up...I said "I do however see where he can take advantage of this for his own political gain" did I not?
He is going to respond to this crisis because as our country's leader, he has to...how he responds to it and what it makes of him in the public eye is a totally different matter.

Twist it into whatever you feel comfortable with, just keep it to yourself because I see no need for me to continously repeat myself and disect my own posts to make you feel better. If you don't like it you are going to have to get over it...its my opinion.
I don't like the way you need to keep bickering but am I going to let it eat me alive and pursue you until you see things my way? Hardly. Seriously.

Quote:
I have not read anything into anything you have said. I have either directly quoted you, or you have inferred and insinuated so loudly that the meaning is unmistakable. As for "get(ting) into my sh*t", I am not the one who brought up an outside, personal relationship in order to divert a debate that I was losing.
Tell me how does one "lose" a debate where the outcome of opinions doesn't mean squat? Will you have more friends when this is over? Will I? Does it matter? Really?! You did tell me what I had 'insinuated"...you were wrong. That's OK, I am wrong sometimes myself. Don't let it get to you, its no big deal. Seriously.

Quote:
I dont recall making any derogatory statements. If I have, please reiterate them, and I will apoligize. I dont belive in winnign debates with insults and emotionally charged flames. Please, quote any personal insults and I will gladly apologize and put them into proper context.
I don't need your apologies to survive. I called you on the points where you were offending. Why continue to drag it out? Seriously. If you feel that you owe me any apologies, go look for your slights yourself. I neither need nor want you to apologize for anything you don't feel you should.

Quote:
Again...see my above statment about Bush. Also, you continually state that you are not Bush-Bashing. Ummm..."a retard in the White House"? That sounds like bashing to me.
Well Golly Gee Beav! I just thought if you were going to accuse me you might actually want valid reason to! Is that so bad? Seriously? You asked for a reason to get in my sh*t...I gave you one. Be happy I did not give you ten.

Does our constitution state anywhere that it is against the law to say what I think? Seriously.

Quote:
I hope he does handle things with speed, tact, and consideration. And Moni...again, for the record, I never asked you to praise Bush. I asked you to stop being negative about him personally, and respect the fact that he is the President, dealing with a national emergency. Your(and my) personal feelings about the man are irrelevent in such a situation. We, as citizens should be banding together to support him, and the rest of our govt in whatever way is necessary.
I had stopped saying anything about Bush long before you got here and got on my case. Go read up in the threads and realize I had not said anything more about Bush, other than I promised notto say anything that would offend anyone until you jumped in later in the afternoon to stir up all the sh*t again.
A lot of other people have made just as, if not worse, derogatory remarks. If they had defended their rights against your dislike of it would you insist on continuing to go rounds with them?

Where did I ever deny any support for our country?
Just because I don't appreciate Dubya the same way you do does not mean that I am in any way unpatriotic.

I had stifled my opinion out of respect for other people here, but again, I kept getting pushed to defend myself. I have defended my opinion as well as yours. Get over yourself. Seriously.

I did not start with the insults. If you don't like my opinion, say all you want but don't tell me what I am telling you when the words aren't there. I'll call you on it just like i would anyone else. Seriously.

Feel free to attack Rex all you like...Rex is a big enough man to stand up for himself to you on his own and if you post untruths...I'll call you on them, plain and simple.

You have to tolerate nothing from me but my own defense against your continued unwanted, meaningless arguments. If you don't want to be made to tolerate it I have three words for you: Lay off me.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-12-2001).]