View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001, 04:32 PM   #49
Stealthy

Donut your posts are always worth reading, quality not quantity is what matters.

Quote:
Donut sits nervously, lurking in the corner, shuffling his feet and sipping his pint. Trying to make sense of the chaos which has erupted around him. Listening to the erection of this modern day 'Tower of Babel' where everyone speaks at once, often unintelligibly and where everyone moves on before the conversation has finished.
He looks for old friends amongst the confusion, sometimes he glimpses one but they quickly move on to other threads. He sits and dreams of quieter times when the important thing was what a person had to say rather than how often they spoke. When the endless pursuit of possesions and wealth (stars) was not the sole purpose of our existence in the electronic ether. When people had the time to listen to and reply to the words of others and where voices did not go unheard in the overwhelming noise and confusion.

He notices new friends joining the conversation and hopes that they will find a place amongst the group, taking as much pleasure from the membership as he once did. He believes that things will quieten down eventually and that order will be restored.

Meanwhile he sits, and watches, sits and watches.

As for Memnoch, I could put all his post in quotes, but this will suffice:

Quote:
Good spam, in moderation, helps break down barriers between people and get them more comfortable in interacting with each other. We've always had this level of spam, even in the old board. But in the past few days I've noticed the level of spam reach a point where I start to see nonsense posts being posted for the sake of being posted...to reach certain ranks perhaps?? This is not beneficial to anyone because so many of the threads are so full of garbage that it's pointless reading through them all. In summary, a little moderation would go a long way.

This spamming for spamming sake is ruining what used to be a wonderful board. I first joined last October and despite completing the game a long time ago, came back for the interesting conversation and fun. Rikard's harking back to the old days is very understandable, because although spamming happened then, there was thought involved in the replies. Sadly, that is not always the case now. Cloudbringer, in case you think I mean you, don't worry, as you were furthest from my mind. Your spam is premium quality, and not the stale variety served in schools.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!

[This message has been edited by Stealthy (edited 03-06-2001).]