Thread: LOTR - ALL READ
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #6
Anarion

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lavindathar:
<font color="cyan">I have seen LOTR twice now, (Went again tonite), and I have read the books twice too.

Tonight, the following things I wanted to query about the film:

i)Why is the password to the entrance of Moria in Elven, when it was a Dwarven stronghold...I know it used to be a trade passage (from what I remember from the book, but the film alters conceptions and opinions!!)...was it something to do with the elves had one side and the dwarves another? Or was it because the dwarves and elves used to be friends?

ii)When Galadrial walks down the steps, how come her feet make sounds?? Surely, the book tells us elves cannot be heard, no matter how hard we listen?

iii)Why does Gandalf risk the Balrog, when he knows beforehand it is there?does he fear the watched road more?

iv) In the film, they skipped things that CAN be missed out, but IMPO, they have missed things out that they will find hard to explain in the second film.
EG - the cloaks and the broaches...they are so important in the second film, how are they going to explain how they were acquired? surely it wud have been easier to show the elves giving them the gifts..

Ok, some of these points are maybe out, but I just got home from the film a second time, and it takes over from the book, so im struggling to remember the book, as the film overwrites it...

</font>
<hr></blockquote>
NITPICKER!

does it really matter about sounds being made by someones boots? NO is the answer!