View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not having much luck with Firefox at the moment. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

Now what's happening is I'm starting to have a stuttering problem with it - where when I'm typing in a forum window, or clicking on a link, or scrolling down a page, it freezes for a few seconds and then goes again. It's very annoying. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling (see, it happened again as I'm typing right now, it freezes for about 3 seconds and then all the words come in a rush) but it doesn't fix the problem. Same when I try and scroll down on sites - there's this delay before I can scroll, and it seems to happen at regular intervals. Even when I try and use the browser menus it freezes/stutters.

I also tried clearing my private data (cookies, etc) but that hasn't fixed it - it's happening on every website I visit. I've disabled many of my extensions and themes - same issue.

I ran spyware checks and cleared my PC of spyware but it's still happening. Just typing this message has taken forever because it keeps stuttering, and it is so annoying!!

The problem is NOT happening with IE7. It's almost like there's some kind of script running every 10-15 seconds or so which "freezes" it or uses up heaps of RAM. This just started happening tonight.

Any clues??

[ 12-18-2006, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote