View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #6
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Along those lines, there are thousands of children living in foster care (if they're lucky) or orphanages or on the streets because their parent's didn't want them (I'm not saying all in foster care are there because of this, just that many are). Until there are no children waiting for someone to adopt them, by not allowing abortions, we just submit more children to that type of life. Not every child in foster care is abused and has esteem issues, but many of the ones I've worked with are. The answer, I think the best way to fight against abortions is to open your heart up and adopt a child.
There are other situations, such as rape, that also lead to a woman deciding if she wants an abortion or not, but I wonder how many would not even consider it if they knew for sure that their child would be adopted by a loving family.

Before anyone thinks that I don't understand what a woman who goes through an abortion feels, let me tell you I had one when I was in college, so I know of what I speak, and I also know that there is not now, nor will there ever be a blanket solution that will cover every situation, which is why I feel it's important that women be able to have a choice.