Thread: Depression Test
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 08:23 PM   #72
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
How could you manage to be depressed???? But as in Kaz's and Wolfgir's cases (and anyone else who feels as if this test has hit a nerve so to speak) - we are here for you if you need to talk about anything. ((((hugs)))) *smoochies*

Dearest Miss DragonMage, may I ask what you mean by that question how I could manage to be depressed ? Maybe you are alluding to the fact that you could find more "objective" reasons in your current living circumstances to feel that way ? Well, you would be right with that and I have already told you that I greatly admire you for your strength not to let that get you down. But this test didn't "catch me by surprise" at all, I know pretty well by now at which point of the recurrent depressive cycle I am at any given moment.

And Kazlein, no, I am not having a particularly bad time at the moment, I have been feeling that way - at times less, at others even more so - for most of the past fifteen years - or maybe it would be more accurate to say that I have been giving myself a hard time. By now, it has almost become something like a lifestyle ... So, forgive me for getting so personal on a public forum, but if you really think that you are suffering from depression it might be a good idea to do something about it - soon - and not to rely on it that it might go away all by itself just "by coming of age". See, it took me almost 10 years before the idea that my personal problems might be - partially - related to depressions ever occured to me - and another 3 or 4 years before I even made the first attempt to do something about it. Looking back, I consider that a giant waste of time ... so, I really cannot recommend it to anybody to do the same.

But, of course, the following holds also true: you are you and I am I, so it is up to you to find a way to deal with that ...

In any case: Good luck !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !