Thread: The Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 01:19 PM   #49
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Plus Earthdog, you'll never know the courage it takes to be a woman, living in a world alongside men that are stronger, more randomly aggressive, and less emotionally expressive, and what it take to break through the "glass ceiling". I think women who go forth into male dominated careers have exeptional courage. A woman that succeed in a male dominated area, has to be twice as good as her male counterpart to even get status quo.

That takes courage.

Attitudes like yours are outdated, negative and reliant on firsthand information, rather than collective knowledge.

See ya.
Ummm by the same token, neither will you know how little courage it takes to allow yourself to be "taken care of" by a man you trust.

I don't disagree with you per se, but I think you are coming down on ED too hard here. In your defense and support of women, please do not do so by denigrating men. Men and women each have strengths and weaknesses Men are better equipped for some things and women others, exploring those differences should not draw attacks from radical feminists nor male cheauvenist pigs.