View Single Post
Old 03-10-2001, 03:10 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zenith:
The media doesn't like Bush? Wow! Think it's because he's short on scandals? Maybe it's because his wife is a normal woman who enjoys being a wife and mother and who has no desire to usurp her husband's spotlight?
Augh! I could go on for hours!

Zenith, you are on thin ice with this one! Please tell me it was a joke. It's hard to tell in print only.

I may have little personal like of Hilary, but what the hell is this?! Only women who hide in the shadows as good little wives/mothers are "NORMAL"?!
I have much respect for women who do choose those roles in life, but hold on here! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Normal? Define, please! You meant that those of us who have the ambition to be more, do more are wrong somehow? A woman with political aspirations and more savvy than her husband is not normal, maybe, but gifted, definitely. She may be as slick as the next politician, but I do not belittle her achievements as a woman and a mover on the political scene. And when I look at what she endured personally as the wife of a public figure who couldn't control a few biological urges....well she's got my adamant support on the sympathy front!

I may have to point this thread out to the rest of the ladies on the board.

Again, I'm not a H RC fan by a long shot, Hilary has taken many a pot shot from me in conversations with friends. I'm a New Yorker. I have to deal with her as one of my Senators, for crying out loud. And if anyone thinks she and Billyboy chose NY as their new homestead because they just love the scenery...well sorry to disappoint you. She chose NY because there was seat coming free and this is a politically powerful state. She most likely has her eye on higher offices one day. She made all the right promises to the part of the state I live in, and it carried her to victory- we'll see if she delivers on those promises. I may disagree whole-heartedly with her motives, but she got what she wanted and is moving along her chosen path. And I don't believe she stepped on too many people (at least publicly) to do it. Why is it, gentle readers of the forum, that when a woman does it, she's pushy, bad, abnormal, etc etc etc. When a man does it, he's ambitious and a go-getter...etc.? I hate double standards.

Apologies, Zenith, for my rant, especially if that was joke/off the cuff thing.
Just a hot issue for me and I couldn't leave it alone. And I'm low on spam-light today...hehehe

CloudShaker

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-11-2001).]