View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #19
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
FF8+ i never really got into.
FF8 is a totally stunning game! I also loved FF7 best among all RPG's I've played and couldn't compare it to BG2 (although I love both for different reasons. I remember the endless nights fighting those pesky sandworms trying to reach level 99 and beating the game with EVERYTHING completed.

FF8 on the other hand though, I now have to put on top of FF7. Problem is it takes too too long into the game to realise what you are fighting for and why but once in the end I have to say that I have never been as impressed with a video game as with FF8. Oh and if you like a challenge try finishing it. I won't get into detail but the final fight in that game is so damn hard and takes so long that if I never play the game through to the end again, it will be the reason for it. Maybe it was just me, but I think that they went to great lengths to make the game impossible to finish. The end sure pays off though with one of the most stunning FMV's I've ever seen!

Legend of Dragoon is also one I couldn't get enough of (although it is a playstation title alone). A truly amazing game that didn't seem to get as much credit as it deserved.

[This message has been edited by Bokken (edited 10-19-2001).]