View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 03:10 PM   #27
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Mary Poppins was the only one that got a good review lol.

quote:
Mary Poppins was a delightful romp for children and the young at heart through a make-believe world of frolic and fantasy. There were no instances of offensive material throughout the movie. While there were several occurences of "magic," there was nothing evil or sinister about any of the "magic." Mary could have been angelic. While some might consider the "We won't go to sleep!" from Michael to Mary Poppins to be arrogance and/or impudence, the obstinence was NOT at his parents. All instances of Jane and Michael taking issue with parental authority (e.g., the song) were with respect and even apology. I cannot find in the Bible anywhere God has a problem with children disagreeing with their parents but I can find a LOT of warnings against arrogance toward and rebellion against parents -- a LOT -- and with severe consequences ... and even more severe consequences for parents who abuse the authority and position He gave them.
[/QUOTE]Of course if they new the faintest bit of background about the characters they would know that Gandalf is an 'angel' Having been sent to middle earth to counter the evil of Sauron by the Gods.