View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Would you care to elaborate where and how the encyclopedic definition you posted substantially differs from the more lengthy description posted by Yorick? And in doing so justify your perplexing assessment that the latter constituted a "slanted analysis"?

Oh, and by the way, if you want to be taken serious by anybody who recognizes the historic and political relevance and gravity of the issue at hand, you should start to acknowledge that fact yourself, for instance by refraining from using indefinitely witty and impressively "fitting" emoticons.
Actually, the only emoticon that I used was the "eyebrow-raised" one, and if you don't like it, well, too bad. I am perfectly serious, here. The objection that I have to misusing emotionally freighted terms is that once the misusage grows, all original meaning is lost and it becomes mere common abuse.
Quote:
Originally quoted by Yorick:Fascism has a complex relationship with established elites and the non-fascist right. It is never a mere puppet of the ruling class, but an autonomous movement with its own social base. In practice, fascism defends capitalism against instability and the left, but also pursues an agenda that sometimes clashes with capitalist interests in significant ways. There has been much cooperation, competition, and interaction between fascism and other sections of the right, producing various hybrid movements and regimes."
That is the part I object to, as it carries the term without proof forward into the present day into areas that it was not meant to. Fascism did not "cooperate" with Capitalism, it replaced it.

[ 05-27-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]