View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 01:47 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've only really had two 'bad' experiences. Not that dental work is FUN, but it doesn't usually bother me. One bad thing was when a second rate dentist took my insurance payments but did a lousy job on a crown- He fit it badly, put one in, it was way too big, had to pull it out later, ARRRRRRRRRGH that was traumatic! And the final one was too big, overlapping the gumline, leaving a gap and letting things under it...suffice it to say it was a VERY painful tooth under that crown and I got a new dentist. The new guy properly fitted the crown and I've had no trouble with it for years!

My other not so wonderful experience was when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I had three heavily impacted wisdom teeth extracted on the same day. It was two hours of surgery and I was on narcotics for the pain. The narcotic did weird things to my perceptions and made me paranoid, and I decided to tolerate the pain rather than take the drugs. Then when I went back for a check up we found some tooth bit that hadn't been removed from the last site he worked on(was easy to miss some, as I have a small mouth and not much room to work on the teeth!). The dentist pulled the little fragment out, easy as pie, and after that things got a whole lot better!