View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
Lil Lil

When I was about 11, a neighborhood kid who was pushing a toddler around on a go-cart, told the kid to steer into me when I was riding my bicycle by and the little kid, not knowing any better did...I flew over the handle bars and the go-cart and landed in the street but I had just gotten a brace taken off of a broken collarbone and had no strength to keep my face from hitting the street...I landed chin first and smashed all but eight of my teeth into my gums...it took the dentist about three months to pull out all of the splinters and rebuild my first molars but he was great, I never felt any pain. They were all baby teeth so I did soon get the natural replacements for them all lol.

When I was twelve, a friend's cousin whacked a croquet ball into my face and broke a small piece out of each of my two top front teeth...I was one of the first people in this country to have my teeth bonded and the original bonding that the dentist used was still attached and still in its original condidtion when they were knocked only out a few years ago by my ex for not giving him my grocery money so that he could buy drugs (which is why he is my ex ).

After losing my front teeth and having already (eventually) lost the four first molars that had been rebuilt when I was a kid...and on top of having cracked roots in about a half dozen of my teeth in one side of my mouth after an auto accident, I went for dentures, getting all of my teeth (but for the two front ones and the four first molars) pulled in two sessions with only Novocaine and aspirin. The great dentist I have here in Texas is wonderful...minimal swelling and almost no pain...not to mention that the dentures he hooked my up with fit perfectly.

So, no horror stories of the dentists I've seen to tell you about but I hope your visit wasn't painful and that you are feeling better. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-22-2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]