View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #134
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Thorfinn, yet again you've avoided answering the question.

What is so tough about walking outside for two minutes? Don't attempt to comeback with a "what's so tough about staying away" that's a distraction. A straw man. Answer the question.
There is nothing tough about it. What is your point? Why should you be able to force me, the guy who owns the bar, and who presumably invited you in (though I'm having second thoughts about the wisdom thereof) to go outside my own building to have a smoke? Especially considering pretty soon, you are going to be complaining that you have to walk through smoke to get into the place, and I'm going to have to go into the alley. And don't think it won't happen -- it already has...

BTW, you are using "straw man" incorrectly. A straw man is when "The author attacks an argument which is different from, and usually weaker than, the opposition's best argument." I did not attack your argument at all. In fact, my argument was that you have no right to violate my property rights. You have the right simply to refuse to do business with me. You chose not to answer that, but to set up a straw man yourself that it would not be too difficult for me to comply with your wishes. There was a straw man, indeed, but it was not perpetrated by me...

[ 05-13-2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Thorfinn ]