Thread: Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 11:03 PM   #94
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
When I was young this was a free country!!!!!!!!!
And now it's even freer! Nonsmokers are no longer forced to inhale the tobacco that smokers exhale! It's very freeing to be able to breathe more easily. [img]smile.gif[/img] Healthier too. Gives more freedom of movement and athleticism. Long live free America! (and Australia and other places that have banned public smoking)

The word is... if you want to ruin your health, don't take down others with you.

As far as sound waves go, we all emit them. It's not like there are some humans that do, and some that don't. You move, you make noise. You breathe you make noise.

Whether the soundwaves of another raises ones stress level is also dependent on THE LISTENER. The listener has the power to choose response. Chooses to react and chooses to let something bother them.

You will never make me angry. I will always only choose be angry at what you've done.

Smoke on the other hand will harm my health whether I choose to respond or not.

Also, by declaring that the waitress has the choice you're ignoring that now the smoker has the choice. You can always walk outside and have a cig. A one minute stroll. That means that the waitress doesn't have to choose between eating, or breathing cleaner air.

[ 05-10-2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com