Thread: Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #41
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I could not disagree more. By that notion, we can now reasonably outlaw rock climbing, bungee jumping, surfing, and motorcycles. It is my life to risk, and it is not your place to judge. Murder is wrong. Suicide is not. The government telling you that you cannot take the one thing you and only you undeniably own is BULLSHIT.

Look, if we assume one owns one's self, then these limitations are simply not logical. (Btw, suicide is illegal -- has been for years.)

On the other hand, if one does not own one's self, we may go down a different path. It is called communism, and may be a viable path. But do NOT consider it freedom. Either we are free or we are not.
*sigh* Sarcasm my dear Timber, sarcasm. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And I`m pretty sure all means of security is taken when bungee jumping or climbing rocks. The same cannot be said when driving without seat belt. But to teach your children that driving without seat belts is OK is another matter. Thatīs what really upsets me. [img]smile.gif[/img] Should we get back on topic now? [img]tongue.gif[/img] And donīt say suicide is OK. You will turn this into a religious deabte.