View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

What is it about people wanting to put trash right outside the front door? Is it that decorative? Some kind of Avant Garte artistic statement? Are the insects raised like livestock and used as a food source? Every tenant neighbor I've ever had seems to have problems with it! I have the trash cans on the far corner for a reason. The insects that inevetably gather around it are far from the house. It's by the street and the woodland animals/loose pets are more wary of ripping into it. Most importantly, the trash men will always pick it up if it's there already. First, they try to put trash bags in the non-air conditioned back utility room. That way, two week old trash can really stink up the joint! I tell them that trash can't be kept in the back room. They comply. Second try, they move the cans back by the front door of the house and forget to take theirs out on trash day. So they drag my cans back and start using them too. I take all the cans back to the corner AGAIN, and clean up the carnage from animal digging. What do they do? They set the garbage bags outside the front door on the ground to get ripped up by animals unfettered by cans! Talk about a frickin' mess! Why oh why is it so difficult to walk the trash 20 feet to the corner? I've also had to recover 2-3 cases worth of beer bottles whole and broken, from the woods past the back yard. I know it's high ground and you can get a really good pitch going, but kids play in those woods dammit! I'm no neat freak myself but are the average populus naturally such pigs? I mean, lets keep it within reason! You know?