View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 11:22 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well the charges deserved to be dropped because they were ridiculous.

As to this guy getting sacked - what reason did the employers give him? Much as I dislike the American spawned trend of "sue at the drop of a hat", if the implication was not related to performance, and just related to publicity about the case then he has a wrongful dismissal suit. One wonders why he is not pursuing that option, and it is suggestive that the company has other grounds for making the dismissal stick (ie something like incompetence or heavy handedness on the part of the guard).

Am I happy that the charges were dropped - yes, am I happy he is sacked - no, do I want to know the real story - yes.
Errr.. Davros....*taps the forum* IS THIS THING ON?! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Guess you missed me telling everyone that in this state and many others, an employer can fire you without even giving a reason and unless you have a contract of employment conditions saying otherwise, you have no recourse, period. An employer can fire an employee without giving cause. If the employee can prove he or she was somehow discriminated against (per federal laws and some state laws) he or she may win a suit, but just saying "gee, my boss gave me no reason for sacking me" gets you zip, zero, nada around here.