View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 09:42 PM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Been thinking about a new pc,and the Alienware looks great but a bit on the spendy side anyone out there have any ideas for something hot and not to expensive...Maybe around 1800 with a monitor??Has to have great grafics and sound,amd 2 gig,512 ram etc...Thanks for any ideas..John
A computer's a computer. I don't think the vendor really matters. Just pick out the parts you want, and build it yourself, or find a prebuilt system.
I prefer to build my own, so I get exactly what I want.
You might want to hold off for a while, though. It looks like AMD is about to release their new Barton CPU, which by initial testing while go head to head with a 3.06GHZ P4, while running at just 2.167GHZ. The current T-Bred core running at 2.25GHZ, gets masacred by a P4 running at 3.0GHZ, so it looks like AMD has their ducks in line now, so to speak.\
A side benefit from this, it will reduce the current pricing of the T-Breds even further. If your are seriously looking, try to grab a PC that uses the nForce 2 chipset. It looks like the nForce is THE chipset for AMD's.