Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 AM   #35
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
You have to take it the other way around Yorick.

It's random.
But, this randomness (is that a word ? lol) serves a purpose : natural selection.

When after a lot of random mutations some underwater species were allowed to breath on the land, well, they did get on the land.
These mutations didn't happen cause they needed to go on the land.

But look at your nails : are they really useful to us ? Still we have them. You know why ? They are the remaining, after a lot of mutations, of our ancestor claws.
Some random mutations will maybe make us loose them for good...in 1 million years, who knows.
So you take the line that if a generation after generation of humans chopped off a limb say, that eventually humans would be born without it?

Why then are Jews still born with full foreskins? Seemingly useless and removed in circumcision for the last 3000 or so years. Is 3000 years to short a time span for something like that?

It seems convenient that any time it's mentioned that this or that hasn't been seen, the fall back of "oh it takes much longer" is used.

None of us will see it. It's no less a matter of faith than any religion is. You're asking me to "just believe that it takes that time"

I'm sorry but in the here and now I see design and art and order and expressive beauty, so I see a creator. This is direct evidence for me. It resonates with the artistic person within me. I recognise it.

With creationism, I'm not asked to accept anything I haven't experienced.

http://www.hughwilson.com