View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

I just returned from Boston on business, landing in Vancouver this morning Wed Feb 20, 2003. I was SUPPOSED to land in Vancouver monday evening, but apparantly, to the US, I look like someone who has a bomb implanted in their back!
Twelve years ago, I was in an accident and ended up with a couple of pins and a few screws in my back. Well of course these are great for setting off metal detectors in airport security stops. Now, I've been to Japan, Scotland, Britain, France and Italy during the last year with no major problems. I carry a certificate from my surgeon as well as copies of X-rays, and usually it takes no more than an hour to go through security anywhere!
I arrived at the airport in Boston, 5 hours early thinking this would be plenty of time. WRONG! I was detained for 36 hours, subjected to not one, but two body cavity searches, led out of the airport in shackles to the hospital so they could take X-rays for themselves and wasn't even offered so much as a f**king appology!
Now, I ask you what the hell is wrong with the US? I was wearing a $1500 suit, my shoes cose $300, and had documents proving where I was and what I was doing, signed documentation from my surgeon and the Canadian government indicating I had pins in my lower back. My notebook computer was disassembled and is now completely unusable, all files on my hard drive gone.
I have filed official complaints with both Canadian and US officials. I have never been treated so badly in my life! All that was missing were the 'SS' patches and swastikas on the US custom and security personnell.
Anyway, that's my rant, I had to get it off my chest. I have a meeting with my lawyers tomorrow.