View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 01:26 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
No no no...when I say security garage, I mean a garage which requires a magic zapper to get in - it doesn't have actual security or anything. How they got into the garage is a mystery.

Yorick, it's actually the garage under my apartment block in McMahons Point, which is not a suburb where you'd expect to find people casing garages to break into cars - it's normally very safe and quite affluent.

I spoke to the police (they had to fingerprint my car and found ONE fingerprint - I hope it's from the basturd that did this ) and they told me that there were a LOT of break-ins in garages around our area last night - which is the first time in years it's happened. Seems like the perps were looking for cash and stereos.

It's so infuriating because you feel helpless and can't do a thing about it. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
Most likely the thieves just parked nearby and slipped in on foot behind someone going in with the remote control. It's a shame you can't feel safe parking in your own garage or the one for your building!