View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 01:55 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Why to dual-wield??? Because it can turn your fighter into a veritable juggernaut of destruction.

I originally spent most of Minsc's proficiencies in the 2-hand sword. I later changed my mind and used Shadowkeeper to change his proficiency to warhammer. I then gave him Crom Faeyr in one hand and another warhammer in the other. He immediately started going through monsters like a runaway locomotive. He was practically unstoppable.

I gave Cerek proficiencies in 2-hand sword also because that was his weapon of choice (from a roleplaying standpoint). When he found the Flail of Ages, he spent a couple of proficiency slots to "learn" how to use that weapon.

Now that I've dualed him to a thief, he has changed his fighting style again. I put one "*" in dual-wield and a proficiency with katana. He now swings Celestial Fury in his primary hand (so he can BackStab with it) and Flail of Ages in his off-hand. I just dreamed this combo up last night, but it seems to work well so far.