View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I've posted about this before, but I've never solved my problem and am in need of further assistance. In short, the standard method of activating and editing the auto play feature does not work, and I've found no enhanced tools that help either, so I'm really confused.

I'm using XP Home, and I know how to change the auto play features from within the properties tab of each drive through My Computer, and I think I've tried them all. I turn them off then on again, I change the program that each type of CD should auto play with, I reset to default, I choose to be asked which program to use each time a disc is inserted, etc.

Unfortunately, none of those things change anything on my machine.

When I put a disc in my DVD drive or my CDRW drive, the disc whirls up(I doubt that's the correct technical term ), then for about 1 second I get the hourglass beside my cursor, but the hourglass disappears and the CD whirls down - No Auto play. It used to auto play, but it doesn't now.

That's the only probably I'm having, but it is annoying the SNOT out of me.

I tried Tweak UI, but it only links me back to My Computer, so I can access the auto play tab under properties which, as I mentioned earlier, doesn't work. Tweak UI does have a section in which you choose the drive letters which can use the auto play feature, and I've turned them off and on again with no luck.

X-Setup seems to offer no more, along the lines of my problem, than Tweak UI.

Help?

[ 02-15-2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]