View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 05:26 PM   #45
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Great posts Mel, LadyZ, Animal [img]smile.gif[/img] . Concur with all.

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
I think your all reading way to much in this. We dont know his motives. We can assume a lot of things to emphasize our own opinion, but we dont know the true, or whole, story.
What we do know, is he died, from an irresponsable act. We do know that he was "bragging" about his high tolerance, and typed the last words, "I told you I was hardcore". This is pure egotism, and that is what killed him. As far as the chat room goes, its irrelevent. They were his audience. He could have one found elsewhere.

MY opinion is that he killed himself by accident with his OWN stupidity.
It's true we don't know every detail. Which makes it even worse that people are so quick to say he deserved it! But I think you too, are making assumptions about what is given. You say it is egotism, and an irresponsible act - maybe, maybe not. I see that as seeking attention - and anyone who has needs such extreme attention and notoriety from people he doesn't even know that well isn't behaving rationally or normally, and just for that, he has my sympathy! He says 'I told you I was hardcore' - he feels he has to go to this huge extreme to 'prove' himself, for them to admire him. People who are thinking clearly, and who are totally healthy don't behave like this. Whether he meant to kill himself or not isn't that important; I personally think he probably did, but even if he didn't, his behaviour clearly shows he was not functioning in such a way that he was able to look after himself. And since I have a lot of compassion to go round, I feel for him.[/QUOTE]I see your point here. And my sympathy goes out as well. I used to be a drug addict and have lost 2 friends from overdose. I read and reread that chat. I see that he was definetly seeking the attention from those watching, but how far does that go? And how old is this guy anyway? I also see a kid who thought maybe he was indestructable, as I did when doing my drugs. And also, are we sure those were his prescribed drugs? In highschool there was drugs like that everwhere. Maybe he got them from his moms med. cabinet. My point is, we just dont know. He is dead from irresponsability. Maybe he was suicidal and needed help. In this case, where was his mom? Why did he have those drugs? Methadone??? Sounds fishy to me. Im ranting now, excuse me...