View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #20
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I think what you are refering to is common sense , Magik. That the law allows people to do the stupidest things and blame someone else is such total shite. Like the woman who sued because she got burned by hot coffee. If you are too stupid to realize the your coffee will be hot , well you almost deserve to get burned. Kind of like the people who ate too much junk and packed on the pounds.They cant have it both ways ya know. Either people are geneticaly predispositioned to be a certain size OR you eat too much and exercise too litte so you gain weight. I dont see how it can be both. Neither is bad , but you dont get paid for a genetic predispositon and no one wants to admit that they eat too much. I can go on and on about the people in the medical section of your post. Last time I checked mental illness had to be contolled and treated, in part, by the patient. Schizophrenia or depresion arent like haveing a broken arm. You cant just bandage them up and make it better. If the woman who stabbed her son didnt have her condition under control then she should have at least made an attempt at makeing her son safe. If she knew that her condition was uncontrolled enough for her to file a law suit , then she knew it was uncontrolled before she stabbed her son. Aside from the check cashing doctor, everything you posted about is the fault of the person trying to sue.The universe at large should not have to pay because people are stupid and do stupid things.

[ 01-14-2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]