View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Uh-Oh...he said Tort reform....::looks around for TL and ducks::: (ps, I think some tort reform would be a good thing)
Only because you don't know what it means. What it means is barring folks from recovery for real injuries in the name of profits for fat cats. See my post above.

On the same note that this was written on, I think it's time for me to hide from Attalus. :ducks: [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I didn't say full blown reform (yes I actualy do know what tort reform means, other wise I wouldn't have known to duck from you ) But Im sure you agree that there does need to be some kind of halt to ridiculous awards that far outstrip the offense and or the damage caused. Reasonable damages but everyone knows that the big penalties aren't paid for by the big companies..they are just passed along to the consumer. Only the Lawyers really get rich from all these class action suits that require that all toothpick boxes be labeled with "Do not insert into eye" and why gas powered snowblowers have to be labeled "Do not Use on the roof of any structure"

Edit: Not to mention the ridiculous state that medical mal practice insurance is in....you have heard that doctors in WVa have banded together and refuse to perform medical proceedures due to unreasonable mal practice suits.

[ 01-14-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]