View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 10:56 PM   #31
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
I havent read through this whole thread, so this may have already been stated but..

I think coldness exist. There is a source of coldness. What about blizzards, chill winds and such.

The other two are pretty complex. Darkness is just lack of light, there is no source for it..And I have never really pondered the space one.
A blizzard and chill wind don't create cold, they are cold because they have no heat.

The default setting for the universe is cold, not hot or luke warm. If nothing existed, all would be dark, cold and space (nothing). No heat, no light, no matter.

In our universe suns create heat. Movement, friction, life itself creates heat.

On the matter of space, space is nothing. On earth, what we call space actually contains air, but the word space is in this case defined by a relative lack as has been stated.

However, on the matter of space being infinite....

How can space be infinite?

So the universe is expanding (which implies a limit or end, for only that with boundaries can expand their boundary otherwise it would already be where it's expanding into) fair enough, and it has said that it's expanding into infinite space.

But space is finite. It stops where something is. Finite. WIth limit.

There is no space where there is a sun. Or a rock, or wind, or a tree, or an asteroid.

So space is not infinite, because it has finite boundaries of substance.

So we have a finite universe expanding into finite space, though it could expand infinitely.... or will until it contracts.

[ 01-05-2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com